COVID-19 Testing (Students, Staff & Families)
About our partner, National Labs
National Labs is a Bay-area-based CLIA & COLA certified reference laboratory specializing in COVID-19 and Toxicology testing. They have joined California's lab task force to provide necessary testing to local counties and companies. National Labs' goal is to help provide the safest school environment possible through the addition of a COVID-19 testing partnership. Trained medical staff will be available on campus once a week for convenience and fast results.
Frequency of access to testing
Students & staff can take a test once every week. The testing frequency and schedule may change based on guidance from state and county public health officials.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What can we expect at the testing site?
- A friendly, safe, and pain-free experience!
- All community areas are sanitized between tests, and safe distancing will be in place.
- All personnel will be wearing masks, and we ask that everyone wears a mask until the test takes place.
What type of test is it?
- Specimens are collected via a non-invasive nasal swab that enters about one inch into the nostril.
- Specimens will then be run via the gold-standard RT-PCR method, which detects and identifies SARS-CoV-2 in patients.
Who is eligible for the test?
- All AoA students and staff are eligible to take advantage of COVID-19 testing at our campus.
- No student will be denied a test due to a lack of health insurance.
- Parents and guardians will not be billed for the cost of the test, including co-payment.
How much time does it take?
- The test takes less than 5 minutes.
What do I need to bring?
- Click here to schedule your testing slot. Recipients can click on a time slot (there are two "seats" that can be booked per slot). When a booking is made, the individual will receive a confirmation email. It's a very mobile-device-friendly platform too.
- The lab needs the following forms for first-time visitors:
- The initial intake and consent forms will only have to be completed and submitted once.
- You will be asked to provide your health insurance info on the form.
- There is no cost to you.
Process for test results
- You will receive your test results via email 24-48 hours after the test.
- The email will come from Notifications@nationallabs.com and is sent to the main email address we have on file.
- For students, we use the email address in Aeries for the parent/guardian connected to each student.
- The results email subject line reads "National Labs COVID-19 Test Result".
- Check your spam/junk folder if you do not see the email in your inbox.
- The email will say that the COVID-19 was “Detected,” “Not Detected,” or “Inconclusive.”
- Academy of Alameda will have access to reports as needed to track COVID-19 cases and clusters
Who can I contact if I have questions?